Friday, March 30, 2007

the good...the bad...the hate...

img_1392.jpgimg_1385.jpgimg_1389.jpg
  • From the look of these picture,it look like diamond got the best looking store on Fairfax.Looks dope! - GORILLARMS
  • sick, can't wait to buy shit bearings, shit wheels and a fashionable hat.stoked. - subroku
  • They should call it "THE DIAMOND EMPIRE"

    ..all joking aside, big up's to the players involved those homies are the real deal regardless of how the store goes.

    Good Luck! - Dondre Dickanina
  • fuck "boutiqes" - Anton
  • I'm not trying to claim that Diamond hasn't been around forever or whatever. I'm not saying that Diamond isn't a legit company that has deep roots in skateboarding. Sure, I've purchased some of your products before and I really didn't care for them. But that's not what I'm curious about.

    I'm more interested in the street wear issue. From what I see, I think that more skate companies are trying to get into that market than vice versa. For example... Supra with their "non-skate" bullshit. I could be wrong though.

    You're right, street wear probably is a small market, but one that's probably more lucrative than selling bolts. - Stand and Deliver
  • The owners of Mighty Healthy are skaters and Crooks and Castles are friends
    of the people at Diamond. The Crooks and Castles people have been involved in skateboard
    clothing for a long time "Elwood" and one of them still works at Vans.

    There is alot that most of you don't know about the streetwear brands out there.

    Mighty Healthy = skaters
    Hundreds = Skaters
    Fucking Awesome = Jason Dill
    Rogue Status = Rob Dyrdek
    Huf= Huf
    I can go on and on.

    I am not trying to defend whatever it is that streetwear is, but the companies that
    I know in streetwear are all run by skaters or people that use to be in the skate
    industry in some way or another.

    Streetwear.... at least the good shit is pretty much just higher end skate clothes made
    by skaters/artists that don't have the money or resources to start a big mainstream skate clothing
    company like Volcom or Krew. - Shindigger
  • nick hired one of hell of an interior desginer.

    diamond shop > all fairfax shops - urbn
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Thanks! I designed it all by myself.
    strange.

    if that's the case i would expect it to resemble stores that are already out there...

    oh wait! - louiearchibald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Get a Free Site Counter